Raspberry Crumb Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 jar(12 ounces) raspberry preserves
Directions:1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Whirl almonds in food processor* until finely ground. Add butter and vanilla. Whirl until well blended. Add flour mixture and the sugar. Whirl to mix. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Add egg to remaining flour mixture in container of food processor. Whirl until well combined and dough forms. Press dough over bottom of prepared pan.
4. Bake in 375 degree F oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
5. Spread raspberry preserves over dough. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture on top.
6. Bake 12 minutes more or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars to serve.
*I do not have a food processor, so I whirl my almonds in the blender. Whatever works, right?